Back Again!

January 27th, 2010 kmhanl13

Hello all!  It’s been a long time since I’ve written so here’s an update on what’s going on in my life and at Holy Cross.

First of all, I hope that everyone had a nice holiday and a refreshing break.  I know I did!  After finals ended (they all went smoothly by the way, whew!), I had one last dinner in Kimball with my family and friends and then I made the 45 minute drive back to Tewksbury.  After a long semester, it felt really nice to finally be home for a month and to have no homework, projects, or papers for a change.  I kept busy, though.  I saw my friends from home almost every day and I was actually working about three days a week for the company that I worked for in high school.  We celebrated Christmas at my house with the entire family and for New Years I slept over a friend’s house with a bunch of our other friends (and stayed up absurdly late!).  Soon, though, it was time to return to Holy Cross for another semester of classes, all of which I am looking forward to.

This semester I am continuing both my Montserrat (which now becomes Postmodern Quests) and my Italian classes.  I am also taking Introduction to Philosophy and Introduction to Creative Writing: Fiction.  Needless to say, it’s only the fifth day of classes and I am already swamped with assignments.  Remembering last semester’s workload, I was prepared for that this semester, though, so it’s not really a shock that I have multiple essays and papers due between now and next Tuesday.  It will be a lot of work keeping up with two predominately writing-based courses, a language course, and another humanities course, but I think I’ll make it through like I did last semester.  Like all of my professors last semester, all three of my new ones seem very willing to help me out in any way and are all extremely friendly.

Not too much happened over the weekend as we were all settling back into the routines of college life.  On Friday, I went to my friend Nicole’s swim meet in the Hart Center here on campus to support her in her relay races.  On Saturday, I had my first shift at work for the semester from 10-2 which felt longer than usual for some reason, but all in all not too bad.  That night, I went out to eat with some of my friends and then came back to campus to hang out.  After a month apart, we all had a lot of catching up to do!

Anyway, I should probably stop procrastinating on editing my two page “Self-Reflections and Goals Statement” due tomorrow for Creative Writing.  Once again, I hope everyone had a nice break, and to any New Englanders out there, try to stay warm!  According to Stephanie (one of my roommates) it’s supposed to be 9 degrees here on Friday night, so bundle up!