Family Weekend, Halloween

November 2nd, 2009 kmhanl13

Good morning!

I’ve been super busy for the past week and time is just flying by!  Last weekend, the weekend of October 24th, was Family Weekend.  It was nice to see the campus buzzing with families, even though it was raining.  My family, of course, came up for Saturday.  I felt like I had a little entourage following me around consisting of my dad, my mom, my brother, his girlfriend, and my good friend Kim from home.  We started the day by going to brunch at Kimball Dining Hall and, although my dad was disappointed that there was no bacon that day, it was pretty good.  Then we went to the football game in the rain, but it was all worth it to see our Crusaders win 42-28!  After the game, we went out to eat at Vinny T’s on Shrewsbury Street and had some great Italian food (yum!).  I had so much fun!

After Family Weekend was over, though, it was time to get back to work.  I had a midterm in my Montserrat class on Tuesday along with a 4-5 page explication for CRAW: Poetry due on Friday.  This week, also, will be busy since I have an exam for Psychology on Friday and a 5 page paper for Montserrat due next Monday–not to mention all of my usual homework.  Although it took a while to adjust to the coursework at the beginning of the semester, I think I’m finally getting used to all of the hard work that it takes to do well here.  Also, staying busy with classes and homework during the week isn’t so bad when you have the weekends to look forward to (and not just to get ahead on work either!)

This past weekend was Halloween and it was so much fun here!  Friday night kicked off the festivities with a special guest ghost hunter sponsored by CAB.  After going shopping for Halloween costumes on Friday, my friends and I decided to check out the ghost hunter.  He was very interesting.  First he gave a short presentation about what it’s like to be a ghost hunter and what his findings have been in the past, and then he actually took us to a couple of places on campus so we could find our own ghosts.  And let me tell you, Holy Cross has some places on campus that would be pretty accommodating for ghosts to live!

On Saturday–Halloween–I had to work at the dining hall from 5 to 9 in the evening.  I wasn’t exactly thrilled, but I got through it and they even let us leave fifteen minutes early!  That night, my friends and I got dressed in our costumes (I was a Greek goddess :] ) and we went to a dance in Crossroads at the Campus Center called The Edge.  It was fun for a while, but we ended up leaving after about an hour.  Back at our residence hall, we took some pictures of our eclectic group, and then ordered Chinese food and watched The Nightmare Before Christmas in the common room.  All in all, we had a really good time and now we’re also all ready for Christmas because of our movie choice!

Now I should get back to doing homework, though, since I still have a good amount of reading to do in Inferno before tomorrow.  I hope everyone had a fun Halloween!  (There are only 24 days until Thanksgiving!)

Bye! :]